Full Time and Freelance Opportunities
Richardson Design is an agile, dynamic design studio and trend consultancy that provides visionary, engagement-driven solutions. Located in the heart of Cleveland, Ohio, we work with local, regional, national and global companies seeking to make profound connections with their audiences. Our clients include those in Entertainment & Leisure, Hospitality, and Retail environments.
Founder and Principal Scott Richardson has successfully created and maintained a thriving commercial design studio based on his client-focused approach to service and impeccable design concepts. Over the years, the studio has grown an all-star staff of designers, and has thrived because of it’s reputation for agile, forward-thinking design. Today, Richardson Design is known for show-stopping, fresh approaches to environmental design and a consistent, streamlined, customer centric process.
We are always looking for the right people to join our team and welcome you to apply for either a Freelance or Full Time opportunity. As part of our team, you will work along side of the entire design staff to develop creative, applicable design solutions which meet the strategic, aesthetic, functional and budgetary criteria of each project. You will contribute to the direction of a project, liaise with clients, and communicate and coordinate with strategic partners.
- Creation of dynamic and innovative design concepts.
- The ability to take a project concept through development and implementation.
- Represent Richardson Design in a confident, professional and well spoken manner to our clients, colleagues, vendors, and the general public.
- Coordinate design control documents including interior design drawing sets, materials specifications, graphic design and signage criteria packages, etc.
- Coordinate with outside design support (freelancers and project partners) contracted on projects.
- Stay current on market trends and research as it relates to branded environment design, and communicating it to other team members.
- Occasional travel as a representative of Richardson Design, on both project and non-project (trade shows) related matters.
Professional and Technical Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the industry, serving as Interior Designer or equivalent position.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Experience in additional software products germane to the creative design process is a bonus.
- The ability to communicate your design concepts through sketching, drawing, and rendering abilities (Photoshop, digital, 3D, etc.) a plus.
- Possesses a portfolio of work which demonstrates not only superior skills as a designer, but as a thought leader in developing new and innovative solutions for clients.
- Experience in designing hospitality, retail, or other branded environments a plus.
- Possesses a strong ability to manage time, expectations, etc. and to be extremely communicative.